Protection and Controls Designer | Substations | NY
Albany, New York
$70,000 to $90,000
Our client is seeking a Protection & Controls - Substation Designer to join our growing Substation Engineering Team.
You may choose between Raleigh, NC; Albany, NY; Philly, PA as a home base
- Salary: $70,000 to $90,000 DOE
- Full benefits package
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The primary focus of the Protection and Controls Designer is to prepare schematic and associated wiring diagrams for high voltage utility substations projects and renewable energy interconnections using Computer aided design. AutoCAD experience preferred.
This position will work with engineers and consultants to create these drawings.
Typical drafting is that of functional electrical drawings as shown below:
- Operations Diagrams
- Single Line Drawings
- Three Line Drawings
- Current and Potential Schematics
- Protection and Control Schematics
- Communication Schematics
- Alarm Schematics
- Associated Wiring Diagrams (Point to Point Translation)
- Importation of tables and calculations such as BOMs as well as creating notes to be applied to each drawing.
- Associate degree in Design & Drafting Technology or related field of study.
- Minimum of four (4) years of CAD experience; AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Previous experience drafting schematic and associated wiring drawings for high-voltage utility substations projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
CAD, AtuoCAD, schematics, design, wiring schematics, Associates Degree, high-voltage substations