Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Growing Food Manufacturer!
St. Paul, Minnesota
Looking for Local applicants!
Great organization under the umbrella of a major food manufacturer. Plenty of room for advancement and growth. This company likes to promote from within. This is a unionized plant of 300+ people and produces potato products. Corporate offices are in the same geographic area as the plant.
Seeking local / regional applicants!
Benefits and Features:
• Medical, dental, vision insurance
• Flexible spending account
• Short and long-term disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• 401K Retirement Savings Plan
• Group term-life insurance
Your Role with the Company
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for providing leadership in the development, training, execution, and verification/validation of all quality systems ensuring compliance to all regulatory, customer, and corporate programs. This professional leads and participates in regulatory, customer, and internal audits and champions the use of Quality Improvement Tools, Lean Manufacturing, and Root Cause Analysis. This leadership position must communicate with both internal and external customers and utilize a strong SPC background to manage the collection, trending, and reporting of data to identify root cause and areas of opportunity including but not limited to key product attributes, shelf life, and productivity while maintaining quality.
The plant is located in a suburb of Minneapolis, so you can live right in the hustle and bustle of the city life or live in one of the surrounding suburbs and be within a reasonable commuting distance to the city.
• Expertise in GFSI standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
• 3 to 5 years of leadership/managerial experience in a food manufacturing plant
• Ability to gain buy-in from salaried and hourly employees to accomplish quality-related goals
• Knowledge of all applicable food industry related quality systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or related field